It has moved mountains of grain. Pumped lakes of fresh water. And saved millions of lives. Let your memory live on by remembering the people we work with in your will. "TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS, I LEAVE BEHIND ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. TO PEOPLE AFFECTED BY POVERTY, I LEAVE THE CHANCE TO CREATE A BETTER LIFE."
By leaving a gift in your will, you can make a vital difference. Bring new opportunities by training midwives in Ghana, schooling children in Tanzania, building a well in Malawi or developing new ways of farming in Niger.
Why are legacies so important? Knowing that your gift will become available to us in future years allows us to plan more effectively our long-term commitments to communities affected by poverty and respond immediately in crisis situations. Legacies are completely free of inheritance tax, so 100% of any gift you choose to leave will be used to create a better life.
What type of legacy can I leave? Residuary – a share or percentage of your whole estate. This means that however much your financial circumstances change, the proportion of your estate each person receives will stay the same. Usually it is shown as a percentage of what is left of your estate once all expenses, debts and specific gifts have been taken out. Pecuniary – a fixed sum of money. Specific gifts/bequests – e.g. a house/piece of land or personal possessions.
Our promise to you
- We'll always respect your privacy.
- We won't put you under pressure - it's a big decision so please decide in your own time.
- Your family comes first. We know it, we respect it and we won't try and change it.
- We'll use your special gift wisely and effectively.
- You don't have to tell us how much you are leaving to us – we respect your right to privacy.
- We'll answer any questions you have honestly and quickly.
- If you want your gift to be spent in an area that's special to you, we’ll do our best to arrange it.
- For more information about including Oxfam Ireland in your will, please contact Jenny Douglas on +353 (0) 1 6350 407 or email email@example.com