Location: Separate positions in our Dublin and Belfast offices.
Responsible to: Community Development & Events Executive
Allowance: Local transport costs and lunch
Duration: 4 months. Immediate start.
Hours: 4 days per week, 10am-4pm, some out of office hours & occasional weekend
Closing date for applications: Monday, July 7th 2014
About Oxfam Ireland
Oxfam Ireland is an independent, secular, not-for-profit organisation, committed to working with people to overcome poverty and injustice worldwide. The organisation strives to ensure that people in the developing world have sustainable livelihoods, access to essential services, equal rights and status and physical security. Oxfam Ireland works in the following core countries - Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
Oxfam Ireland is a member of Oxfam International, a confederation of 17 organisations working together to achieve greater impact through our collective efforts. Oxfam is many different things – it’s the relief agency that saves lives when disaster strikes, it’s the campaigner for change and it’s the local shop raising funds for the poorest communities in the developing world. At Oxfam Ireland we all share the vision of a just world without poverty.
About the internship
The Fundraising department is looking for an enthusiastic individual to work with the Community Development and Events team on a on a variety fundraising projects. This role also involves volunteer management. Applicants should have availability to work some out of office hours and, on occasion, some weekend hours.
- Implementing the Community Events plan
- Responding to the needs of event hosts
- Hosting and managing a specific Oxfam event
- Monitoring event income and ensuring delivery of event funds
- Managing a group of volunteers at public events
- Fluent English and good telephone manner are essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of event management
- Accuracy in written work and data processing
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and try new things
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of event management/fundraising
- An interest in fundraising and NGO sector
If you wish to apply, please send your current CV plus a covering letter, stating why you are interested in the role and how you meet the requirements, to Marie-Louise Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Monday, July 7th 2014.