Location: Separate positions in Dublin & Belfast
Responsible to: Community Development & Events Manager
Allowance: Local transport costs and lunch
Duration: January – April 2014
Hours: 10-4pm, 3-5 days per week depending on availability
Closing date for applications: Friday, November 29th 2013
About Oxfam Ireland
Oxfam Ireland is an independent, secular, not-for-profit organisation, committed to working with people to overcome poverty and injustice worldwide. The organisation strives to ensure that people in the developing world have sustainable livelihoods, access to essential services, equal rights and status and physical security. Oxfam Ireland works in the following core countries - Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
Oxfam Ireland is a member of Oxfam International, a confederation of 17 organisations working together to achieve greater impact through our collective efforts. Oxfam is many different things – it’s the relief agency that saves lives when disaster strikes, it’s the campaigner for change and it’s the local shop raising funds for the poorest communities in the developing world. At Oxfam Ireland we all share the vision of a just world without poverty.
About the internship
The Fundraising department is looking for an enthusiastic individual to work with the Community Development and Events team on a community events project with a female focus.
- Implementing the Community Events plan
- Responding to the needs of event hosts
- Managing a specific Oxfam event
- Monitoring event income and ensuring delivery of event funds
- Collating feedback and contributing to project analysis
- Fluent English and good telephone manner are essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of event management
- Accuracy in written work and data processing
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and try new things
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of event management/fundraising
- An interest in fundraising and NGO sector
If you wish to apply, please send your current CV plus a covering letter, stating why you are interested in the role and how you meet the requirements, to Marie-Louise Donnelly at email@example.com.