Location: Separate positions in Dublin & Belfast
Closing date: Ongoing
Start date: Immediately
Allowance: Local transport costs and lunch
Hours: 10-4pm, 3-4 days per week depending on availability
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilising the power of people against poverty.
Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organisations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
Oxfam Ireland is one of a confederation of 17 organisations working together in more than 90 countries. We are an independent, secular and not-for-profit organisation that has been supported by people in Ireland to make a difference overseas for over 50 years.
Our offices are in Belfast and Dublin and we work directly with communities and local partners to support people to make their way out of poverty and exercise their social, economic, political and civil rights.
Reception duties and provision of basic information in support of the work of a busy office. It is desirable for the person to have knowledge of office procedures, computer applications and customer service. This is a developmental opportunity.
1. Provide support of incoming and outgoing communications including:
- Responding to information requests and complaints
- Taking incoming calls and passing messages/queries to appropriate staff
- Opening mail and ensuring that it is dealt with according to financial procedures
- Dispatching outgoing mail
- Liaising with outside contacts
2. General office administration and support
Skills / Experience/ Qualifications:
- Fluent English and good telephone manner are essential
- IT – familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and try new things